2nd International Women of the Mountains Conference
Group Photo, March 8th 2011
Goals of the 2011 Women of the Mountains International Conference
- To continue the coordinated efforts begun at the first Women of the Mountains International
Conference (Orem, 2007), as expressed in the Orem Declaration of Mountain Women;
- To share knowledge about the global status of mountain women, with a strong focus
on women in leadership roles around the world working to advance sustainable development
in various sectors of activity;
- To mobilize the Rocky Mountain members of the Mountain Partnership and grass-roots level entities, including high-schools and universities to work together
toward specific goals to improve the status of women and increase opportunities for
- To provide recommendations for the Mountain Partnership and Mountain Forum members around the world regarding actions to improve the status
of women and to increase opportunities for leadership over the next two years.
- To encourage the next generation to support gender issues and sustainable mountain
development (note: high-school and college students throughout state of Utah will
participate in all stages of this Conference).
The Mountain Partnership is one of the co-sponsors of this event.
Letters and Greetings
Major Contributors and Sponsors